Medical device customers seeking partnerships for critical supply of polymer-based, implantable devices turn to PMC Medical for our SMART Biomaterial Solutions. PMC is leading the industry in technology development for optimal manufacturing using these unique materials.
PMC's SMART Biomaterial Solutions
- PMC Optimized Thermal Management System (OTMS) reduces temperature variation and provides more uniform crystallinity for more consistent, tighter tolerance devices
- Unique Near-Net Shaped tool designs provide lower upfront cost and reduced scrap loss in machining
- PMC Biomaterial Sampling Tools offer flexibility to produce injection-molded shapes for machining of devices and material evaluation
Implantable, polymer-based biomaterials are one of the fastest growing segments of the medical device market, providing new solutions in Orthopedics, Spine, Cardiovascular and other medical applications. New opportunities come from the conversion of current metal implants to these new polymer-based biomaterials. PMC provides expertise in conversion from metal to plastic materials, beginning at the design-development phase through tooling and volume production.
PMC manufactures implantable medical devices using a variety of polymers and has the expertise and SMART manufacturing systems for processing these unique materials.
- PEEK - Unfilled and Filled Polyetheretherketone
- TPU - Thermoplastic Polycarbonate Urethane
- SRP - Self-Reinforced Polyphenylene
- PPSU - Polyphenylsulfone
- PSU - Polysulfone